Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harewood Steam Rally

Thumbs up Harewood Steam Rally

Each year Harewood House has a bank holiday Vintage Steam Rally event which covers the August bh weekend. It's a superb event and a fabulous day out. I go every year if possible and depending on where I am at the time like if i'm not already away or on vacation somewhere. It's a must for any steam rally enthusiast or for anyone who just wants a great day out.

Any piccies hoovers? Wouldnt mind going but not just for the steam rally the house and grounds are really nice from wot I remember. I think Will was interested in steamy stuff ... lol

For anyone who is interested in the Steam Rally at Harewood on Sunday 29th and Monday 30th August (10:00am to 5:00pm) here is a link giving further details:

http://www.harewood.org/whats-on/events/1/300
    John

LOL mags, if you go you'll enjoy it. Same for Will I gather? LOL. Me and o/h went last year and there was a Harley motorcycle gathering too. Very impressive, and hundreds of em from all over the country. Sounded just like rolling thunder when they all turned up in a huge convoy.

Thanks John for putting the link up.

Good morning to you all. I'm certain it will be a grand day out with those beautiful engines rumbling around however a little out of the way for me.
    Will

Hey Will, can you not make a weekend of it? you and your g/h could book yurselves into one of the prem inns in leeds just a few miles from harewood itself and all are classy accomm very, very clean and excellent services. It would be a great bank hol weekend away for you both ;-)

I would love to hooverblues but not this time. Bank holidays are normally a time for the family to get together and all being fine the old BBQ will get some charcoal thrown under it. After which the water pistols, fairy liquid bottles and then the hose will come out to give anyone within reach a good soaking.
    Will

Good thought Will and thinking about it you have chosen a much better option for staying local in lovely hertfordshire. The wether up here in the north is terrible! it's rained almost everyday through july and up to date. It's mad!. I hope it stays nice for you and the bbq's :-)

We've been having rain recently too. If the BBQ's a wash out then there's always Monopoly. I'm sure that my better half has it tucked away somewhere safe.
    Will

Aw! monopoly is ace! it must be 30 years since I last played that game. Do you play chess? The last time I took my o/h on at that game was 4 years ago. He kept beating me and each time he did I just got irritated by that bloody word 'checkmate' in his so cool way of sying it so I just swiped the bloody lot of the board with a typical bad sporters rage. The thing is you see I thought I was quite good at chess and my o/h told me he was crap at it himself and thought he had no chance against me. So this made it worse cos he made me look flaming useless at it.

'checkmate' 'stailmate'....

Then the cool sit back in the chair with the sniff and ah. Just like he made it look so easy like. Jeez! that got me so irritated lol!