View Poll Results: Do you want more houses built in your area of the Harrogate District?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want more houses built in our area.

0 0%
  • No, I don't want more houses built in our area.

8 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plans for 1,000 new homes

Hybrid View

Plans for 1,000 new homes

Do you want more houses built in your area of the Harrogate District, as per the proposals being put forward?

http://www.harrogateadvertiser.net/h...mes.6537948.jp

One of the sites being looked at is close to me. We say NO to the proposal for new houses in our area. Can't use be made of the exisiting available housing stock. Isn't Harrogate congested enough without more people!
    Last edited by Old Mother Shipton; 19-09-10 at 23:50.
    O M S

In a word - no

You can flush that idea down the

They cant build houses where i am coz theres no place to put em. harrogate has enough houses. they should do somat about the current congestion b4 making more

Absolutely agree with you mags, the town is horendously congested. As harrogaonions like us we know these things don't we? We want to claim our old town back to it's small community it was in the 70s. It's much too overpopulated now, and no one I talk to anymore comes from here, they werent born here. Are we under alian attack d'you think? We should get a petition up to tell them to clear off back home to where they came from. Not europeans ie the polish I don't have anything against those people, it's them who have come to live here from other parts of this country. It actually makes you wonder what sort of an area they have come from. All I can think of is it had to of been pretty rank from their original neck 'o' the woods. And so they've found their cosy little spot here in harrogate and at the same time completely polluted the entire place with their 3 and 4 cars per houshold plus countless sprogmobiles clogging up the tired streets pavements etc.

I'm with you and biltonreb on this vote as definitely NO Infact lets vote to have half of the harrogate houses flattened and made into some decent open air spaces. The place is choked!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybirder View Post
    Absolutely agree with you mags, the town is horendously congested. As harrogaonions like us we know these things don't we? We want to claim our old town back to it's small community it was in the 70s. It's much too overpopulated now, and no one I talk to anymore comes from here, they werent born here. Are we under alian attack d'you think? We should get a petition up to tell them to clear off back home to where they came from. Not europeans ie the polish I don't have anything against those people, it's them who have come to live here from other parts of this country. It actually makes you wonder what sort of an area they have come from. All I can think of is it had to of been pretty rank from their original neck 'o' the woods. And so they've found their cosy little spot here in harrogate and at the same time completely polluted the entire place with their 3 and 4 cars per houshold plus countless sprogmobiles clogging up the tired streets pavements etc.

I'm with you and biltonreb on this vote as definitely NO Infact lets vote to have half of the harrogate houses flattened and made into some decent open air spaces. The place is choked!
    Everyone to their own opinion Ladybirder but I have my doubts that you are talking sensibly. Migration is a good thing, it builds communities, it makes them diverse and strong. I am all for migration of people to and from Harrogate but with the likes of anywhere the facilities and infrastructure have to be in place to accommodate. If it wasn't for migration the likes of my and your family and therefore me and you would not be living in Harrogate.

I have many friends that were born and still live in Harrogate, I also have very good friends that have moved into Harrogate and I would never tell them to "clear off back home".

Cars are another thing and they are not just a problem caused by people who have moved into Harrogate but also by born and bred Harrogatonians. One of my good neighbours just down the road has four vehicles. Her hubbies, hers and her two teenage children. Luckily they all fit on her drive but is it really necessary for a household to have this many cars. Her children are still in education and therefore do not have the means to pay for the cars and their running costs themselves, so in this particular case it is a problem generated by parents. Houses without drives and commuters into Harrogate also add to the problem of congestion.

A "vote to have half of the harrogate houses flattened" - Now I know you are not being sensible.

What I would say is that an additional 1000 houses to the area means an additional 1000 families and all their cars moving around the streets/area. I would like to know about the plans to accommodate all this extra burden, to support the justification of the additions to the community. I am also not one for building on greenbelt land.

Also has Harrogate not already got a large stock of available houses. The estate agent windows always appear to be full of property pictures.
    Last edited by Old Mother Shipton; 01-10-10 at 12:42. Reason: Added a touch of colour
    O M S

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybirder View Post
    We want to claim our old town back to it's small community it was in the 70s.
    Let's get rid of McDs and bring bak the ABC. Make Parliament st back into 2 way. tesco woz on the bridge so that wuld solve the prob of a new one coming to town. Remeber Green sheild stamps at the coop we used to luv filling the books up and we can hav somat to eat in good old littlewoods. ah the good old days lol

Absolutely agree with you mags. And the good old days... too right!. I remember all the above. Even the market, remember that?

yep + station gardens and the arcade, loads of stuff

the victoria shopping centre looks nice and posh n all now but i feel the old market had more atmosphere character about it.

doing the cricle around Harrogate town trying to find a parking spot to jump into ... made us go dizzy - lol gud they made the centre for pedestrians now i like that.

some things have changed for the better but theres stuff i miss. no going back now.

Yes your right it did have a better atmosphere in the old market that's wot i miss about the old town . I don't go in now at all. Hey mags you'd adore the Victoria Quarter in leeds if you think the vic centre here is nice, it's like knightsbrige . And there lots of very pretty arcades there that house loads and loads of little independant shops. The VQ and arcades you could walk bare foot through them they are so clean!. Lots of marbled colums and pillars all highly polished and the roof of the VQ is a magnificant piece of artwork you won't have seen before . Visitors are there taking photos all the time it's so amazing. And nearly" ALL" of leeds shopping is pedestrianized, it's beautiful. Only snag is parking cos it's horendously busy & It's very expensive. Go on a sunday and it's FREE where the meters are, only thing is you'd be lucky to find one LOL. We're going on sunday to Harvey nicks for a meal it's our monthly treat . The cheapest drink there is £3.25 for a tea , but it's special tea.

I don't particularly want to see another 1000 houses built in the Harrogate area, although it does appear that they will be built over a span of 14 years. As I don't currently live in the area I've not voted.
    John