Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Knaresborough Bed Race Parade 2010 with photos

Knaresborough Bed Race Parade 2010 with photos

Hi Everyone

It was a lovely sunny day on Saturday so off I went with the family in tow for our first ever view of the Knaresborough Bed Race, there were 91 entries and a camera crew from Songs of Praise, don't know who won as we had enough trouble finding somewhere along the course to watch it was to busy to get over to Conynham Hall, approx 20,000 people attended and there was a lovely friendly atmosphere, Knaresborough did North Yorks proud that day.

Took tons of photos trouble is most are about 5mbs but as my camera films in 720p you can get some nice stills from it, so here's a few of the sights I saw. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll put up some from the race itself.

Jools
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wonderful pics Jools. Those lasses serving the grub in the 1st pic ain't half got some nice legs. Participants from outer space as well!! The've come from far and wide haven't they. The chap in the hospital bed looks a little worried though. Me thinks he would have preferred having an OP than being on that bed ... LOL !! Very BUSTY No. 4 and that Michigan-8 lad in No. 5 well, isn't he just a pretty boy in that skirt ... LOL !!! No really, it looks as though everybody really enjoyed themselves. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see some of the race!
    Will

Hi Will

Glad you liked the photos, I had a quick look on Irfanview and managed to resample some photos down to about 48kbs so not sure how they will turn out but here goes, there were some police women followed by criminals, a circus, some racing girls, army lads, Henshaws excellent Van Gogh bed, super heroes to name but a few, will get round to sorting through the rest of the photos asap. Have to say Stray Fm's webpage has a great Gallery feature on the bed race, and spotted a brilliant collection on Flickr, there are a few videos on Youtube too, nothing on the Harrogate Advertiser webpage yet, will probably be in the paper on Friday.

Jools

Here's some more including a runaway team of horses
    Last edited by Scruffypup; 14-06-10 at 15:43. Reason: adding description

last one for now

You took some great shots scruffypup. Glad to see Poirot and Sherlock in attendance.

Smile

The girl with the bucket in the detectives snap looks a bit like my sister ... 15years ago ... LOL !!!

Great pictures Jools.
    John

Thank you very much for displaying your fantastic pictures Jools. It looks like a great day out was had by all. Many years ago, when I worked for Tilcon, we had a bed. So much fun we had. Makes me laugh thinking about it. 20,000 people!
    Last edited by John; 15-06-10 at 00:16.

Even more great photographs. You've been busy Jools. Lots more legs too! I note the Army lads have a Stars and Stripes. Were they from Menwith Hill by any chance?
    Will

PS. The smaller photographs are much easier for me to view. I don't have to scroll across my mini laptop screen. Thanks.
    Will