Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knaresborough Bed Race Parade 2010 with photos

That's a fair sized bird Jools. Did it fly to the trainers arm or run off with any naughty little children.

I can watch documentaries now as well. Most interesting that white raven, especially flying alongside the black one. How unusual to see, you have excellent timing to catch it on film. Well done!

Will
    Will

Dont laugh but I thought the big bird looked like a turkey when I first saw it. I wondered wot it was doin on that pole ...

and the white bird on TV looked like a pigeon or dove until I saw it flying off with the black one.

My eyes are due for a checkup I think.

lol mags
    Will

I was so worried about not being able to catch our white raven on film, I spotted it from crossing on to Oatlands Stray and thought knowing my luck by the time I got my camera out of my handbag and out of it's case it would fly off, I wasn't sure if anyone would believe me at first but Snowy as I believe the Advertiser nicknamed it did me good by flying in synch right near the end of the clip with the other crow, I don't mind anyone viewing it, just wish I'd had my camera on me last year when a helicopter landed on the stray I should have known it was surrounded by range rovers as soon as it landed that it had to be a HRH 30 seconds later a black range rover goes off heading towards the Prince of Wales roundabout with Anne in the back seat, looking glum probably thought it a bit cruel heading towards a roundabout named after her brother

I agree with you guys that big bird did look like a massive turkey, I bet Bernard Matthews wouldn't like to have a farm of those beasties, rip your arm off every time you fed them, just think of the oven you would need to cook one at Xmas or thanks giving for the Americans at Menwith Hill, I would like to point out I am a veggie so hope I haven' offended any other veggies out there.

Jools

I think you have psychic foresight Jools. You are always in the right place, right time. Wonder what Anne was doing in Harrogate. I know Charles visits sometimes. Every year there seems to be something about him staying on as patron of the Royal Hall.

Great turkey and snowy and sooty crow photos! I wouldn't want to get too close to that beastie either!
    O M S

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffypup View Post
    I was so worried about not being able to catch our white raven on film, I spotted it from crossing on to Oatlands Stray and thought knowing my luck by the time I got my camera out of my handbag and out of it's case it would fly off, I wasn't sure if anyone would believe me at first but Snowy as I believe the Advertiser nicknamed it did me good by flying in synch right near the end of the clip with the other crow, I don't mind anyone viewing it, just wish I'd had my camera on me last year when a helicopter landed on the stray I should have known it was surrounded by range rovers as soon as it landed that it had to be a HRH 30 seconds later a black range rover goes off heading towards the Prince of Wales roundabout with Anne in the back seat, looking glum probably thought it a bit cruel heading towards a roundabout named after her brother

I agree with you guys that big bird did look like a massive turkey, I bet Bernard Matthews wouldn't like to have a farm of those beasties, rip your arm off every time you fed them, just think of the oven you would need to cook one at Xmas or thanks giving for the Americans at Menwith Hill, I would like to point out I am a veggie so hope I haven' offended any other veggies out there.

Jools
    Wonders how big Jools' handbag is. Thinks may be everything in there except the kitchen sink.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Wonders how big Jools' handbag is. Thinks may be everything in there except the kitchen sink.
    If Jools is anything like my better half John then she has probably got the kitchen sink in her bag as well. Why these ladies need so many things tucked away I'll never understand.
    Will

I have just noticed that I have been promoted to 'Member'. Don't know when that happened! Do I receive a certificate, medal or even a box of chocolates?
    Will

Hi guys

Pete thinks I have a fitted kitchen in my handbag including the fridge,freezer, washing machine and cooker (no dishwasher thats Pete or yours truly) as well as the kitchen sink, if you are ever on your travels round Yorks and see a Mum walking round with enough food in a carrier bag to feed an army that's me .

One of the charity shops in town think it's Help the Aged or Shelter has Anne as one of its patrons so she was visitng that day. I'm a loiner yes I know a devistating revelation I only emigrated to Harrogate 14 years ago so perhaps the Leeds upbringing has something to do with my nose for something going off.

Jools

Men don't understand that it's only the essentials that we carry around. If we failed to bring something on a trip then it's "moan moan moan, why didn't you bring ....." etc...
    O M S