Thread: Things you don't normally see in Harrogate

Things you don't normally see in Harrogate

Had a look through my photos and found a few unusual ones, including the trans penine rally, virgin balloons, a £1 million Lamborghini Rebenton parked down someones drive, can't say where might get sued but no it's not mine, neither is the house unfortunately, it was only there for the weekend and before anyone worries about the hoodie he's not up to mischief he's one of mine looking after the dogs while I nipped down the drive to take a quick snap before anyone spotted me, there's also a photo from Harrogate train station when the summer special was passing through and don't worry about the jag on the recovery truck behind the american car, as you will see from the photo below nobody was hurt although the Victoria Avenue flowerbed and railings were ruined.

Jools
    Attached Images Attached Images

some more

the stray comedian had a field day this year escaped crocodiles, the eiffel tower and a German U Boat definitely things you don't see on the stray everyday.

Great set of photos Jools. Will have a proper look tomorrow. Time for my bed now, I'm wacked out today.

Night All.
    O M S

Is there anywhere that we can't find you Jools - LOL!! You seem to be everywhere and at that the most appropriate time.

Being a bit of a car fan and having been to the Tokyo Motor Show a few times I have to say that's a pretty fancy Lamborghini. I bet the driver of that Jag was kicking him/herself. How on earth did the driver manage that!

Also those snowy and flooded stray shots are great. Escaped crocodiles in Harrogate, whatever next!

I've always fancied a balloon flight. You didn't happen to see Sir Richard by any chance did you Jools?

Wonderful steam train too, would loved to have been on the bridge when it went under. It's my favourite photograph from your collection. If only we could have something like that on our journeys down to Euston.

Another grand day out on a vintage car/van/truck rally as well. Did you have a classic to show?
    Will

Post #2. Is the 2nd car before and the 1st after lol.

The 2nd car looks like it's from outa space, would be scared that me cat might get stuck in that hole at the front and do some damage. I could pay off mortgage or even buy a few houses for £1 million.

My fav is the croc.
    Last edited by mags; 25-06-10 at 08:48.

I seem to have missed clicking somewhere to be informed of replies on this post, the Steam specials should be starting again soon, I have some clips from the last 2 years Steam Specials, we wait on the bridge next to Tewitt Well and charge over to the other side of the bridge when it goes through to watch it arriving at the station. Last August we waited at the station for the last train coming through on it's way back to York for the end of the season and I've never known it rain so heavy yet the platforms on both sides were packed with locals and tourists catching a glimpse of the majestic site.

We went to York the other week to see the Mallard before she went into the Engine Yard to undergo a spruce up before she left to spend a few years in the new Railway Museum in Cumbria. Tons of photos of old cars, buses, lorries etc it's only a 10 min walk to the Oatlands Stray so we go to the Trans penine every year, it's a cheap day out.

Unfortunately the eiffel tower and U Boat were trashed that night after I took the photos, I saw the lads building the eiffel tower in the morning but thought it was an igloo as they were making blocks and building a pyramind sort of igloo they must have changed their minds and built the tower instead. The croc lasted a few days last autumn too much water for the local drunks/kids to trash it. I took some photos of the large ice chair last year on the York Place stray with my kids sat on it meant to go back and get some more photos the day after but it had met the same fate as the tower and u boat.
    We have a lot of problems with kids (and adults) drinking on the stray, I have teenagers and mine would never dream of doing the damage you see or leaving the debris and broken bottles around, they would rather be at home on the computer or playing on the Xbox 360, costs a bloody fortune in electric but at least I know what they are up to. The broken bottles on the stray are a nightmare for the dogs, I dread to think what damage they could do to someone with a small child, I'd best stop or else I'll be on my high horse about dog owners who can't be bothered to buy doggie bags/nappy sacks to clean up after their dogs next.

Jools
    Last edited by Scruffypup; 25-06-10 at 11:47. Reason: window playing up couldn't finish off the message.

Hi Jools,

Are you still having problems subscribing to threads?

It's such a shame about drinking on the stray causing so much of a problem. We never did it in my day. As for broken bottles, it just beggars belief how stupid/inconsiderate some people are.

There was always doggie poo around though which was a real pain when we played footie. Dog owners should have more respect for others, it's not the dogs fault!

Do they have dog waste bins around the stray or is it that the owners are just too lazy to clean up after their dogs? We have dog bins dotted around all over the place where we live. Sometimes it can be pretty bad by our stretch of the canal but generally it's ok.
    Will